January 8, 2014 § Leave a comment
I came across an opportunity a few years ago that changed my life. As someone who loves to travel, the chance to travel more often, to amazing destinations and at discounted prices was a no-brainer. Add the chance to earn an uncapped income and you have an amazing opportunity. As you read this Blog Post you may find yourself wondering how I did it. Just ask!
23 – 29 March 2014 (6 NIGHTS)
Price £609 Approx
For 6 days, work side by side with village children in Guatemala building a much-needed school that could just change their lives—as well as your own.
Using 6,500 plastic bottles filled with inorganic trash, you’ll form walls with chicken wire and cement, ultimately constructing a classroom where the children will learn and expand their horizons. Your team will also create and carry out a hygiene workshop, spend time with special-needs children in San Martin and visit a women’s solidarity group in Tikonel.
But it won’t be all work and no play! While you’re there, you’ll stay in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Antigua, famous for its spectacular ruins and colonial churches; participate in a community hike to see farms, family homes and places of worship; and visit the Mayan ruins in Mixco Viejo.
- 7-day and 6-night bottle school VolunTour to Guatemala.
- Stay in quaint, comfortable accommodations in Antigua and San Martin, which include a private bath and are situated on lush grounds. (Sharing a room may be necessary. Roommate requests are accepted.)
- Transportation will be provided throughout this VolunTour.
- Welcome ceremony and an icebreaker to get everyone acquainted with each other and the community.
- Spend time working side by side with the village children to build a bottle school.
- A community hike will give you an opportunity to see farms, family homes and places of worship, and allow you to get a feel for the people you’re supporting.
- Visit the Mayan ruins in Mixco Viejo, considered one of the most important Mayan cities by the 1500s.
- Visit Tikonel, a women’s solidarity group, and learn what the group does in the community.
- Spend time at a school for children with special needs in San Martin, learn about the school and interact with the children there.
- Learn from the kids at the bottle school and create and carry out a workshop to educate them about hygiene.
- Sightsee and shop for souvenirs in the picturesque colonial town of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage City.
- All travelers will receive a series of emails containing their trip’s details starting a few weeks prior to the departure date, as well as a welcome home email after the trip.
- Air transportation is not included. The closest commercial airport is La Aurora International Airport (GUA); arriving by 4 p.m. on the first day of the VolunTour, if possible; and leaving at any time on the last day of the VolunTour.
Interested in the amazing Lend a Hand, Help a Child Guatemala break? Get in touch and book this limited time deal quickly.